Mothers have a way of putting their children’s needs before their own. The mother of the bride has a special opportunity to assist with something truly meaningful in her daughter’s wedding. And because wedding details can be overwhelming, a mother’s help with the responsibilities can relieve a lot of stress for the bride and groom.
What is a mother to do? As soon as she hears of the engagement, Mom may suggest coffee or lunch with her daughter to discuss some broad planning. An honest conversation regarding financial contribution and budgeting, as well as the bride’s thoughts on how involved her Mom should be, will assist the process greatly.
Here are some ways Mom has traditionally been involved in the wedding planning:
- Helping to set a budget and choose an appropriate venue
- Helping the bride to determine the number of guests that will be accommodated by both budget and venue
- Compiling the guest list, and soliciting the same from the groom’s mother
- Sending our invitations and managing responses
- Helping her daughter to choose the perfect dress and accessories
- Suggesting family heirlooms and traditions the bride may wish to incorporate in the ceremony
- Maintaining contact with all vendors and handling communication, including correspondence with Billy Heroman’s for your floral displays.
The mother of the bride has specific roles on the wedding day as well. These include:
- Helping her daughter get dressed, and being the one to position the veil on her head
- Being the last one escorted down the aisle before the ceremony begins (depending on circumstance, some Moms walk their daughters down the aisle)
- Greeting guests as they arrive at the reception hall
- Dancing the traditional second dance.
There are a lot of choices to be made by you and your mother, but when it comes to bridal bouquets, altar flowers, and centerpieces, the choice is easy, Billy Heroman’s Flowers & Gifts is your premiere Baton Rouge wedding florist, and we look forward to working with you to make your day beautiful.